From the brain of J A Cullen.

Please take some time out of your hectic schedules to peruse the inner workings of my ever ticking mind.

Saturday 13 June 2009

Which Way Now?

What next for me, then?

Yes, last week I successfully (I hope) completed compulsory education and it feels....the best way to describe it is basically those old Persil ads, or whatever, that's a load off your mind. So, what do I do now? That seems easy - get a job.

Or not so. Trawling through town one day and you can see how overstaffed some of these stores are. You walk into one and start looking at an aisle near the door and one of the overly-excited preppy uni-grads comes up to you asking if they can help. This happens about four more times and you leave the store harrassed and empty handed. It turns out they don't really want to help you they just think you're gonna steal things.

Anyway, yes, I could get a job. But I would rather spend the time doing decoupage - whatever the hell that is or build shelves. I will be going out and about with friends, but how many times can you make a trip into town with the same people. Sure, I guess I could go out and find some more people to do things with. But that just seems desperate. Maybe I can go speak to that girl I tried, and failed, to connect with in my year at acting class.

Job, hobby, friends. When September comes around I'll be up at half five, gagging to learn more about psychology, history, politics and maths. If anyone has any ideas (does anyone even read this??) just contact me. I hope you moaning workers count yourselves lucky that you have a profession and don't just sit and watch re-runs of Big Brother and Jeremy Kyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment